The Saddest Poem I'll Ever Write // a poem

“I search for a word, the word,
one word.”
I looked back, I’m sorry,
at all those old love poems
To listen to how they made
your heart strike. I imagined
what it was like when I first
gave you that poem-
Now I don’t feel right
reading between the lines
for a sign to tell me
where we are.
“I barely touch you.”
My heart is aching for your soul,
when we were cold
we held onto each other;
I miss your hands.
I can’t tell any more
what I mean to say, for I can’t
think of anything but
that face of yours and be
sad over it. My love
“You’re collections like
pieces of the sun
to stare into,
and eyes watery with tears
you remember.”
I stared for hours into that empty sky
for two escaping birds.
Lover 1: (whispers) “Sometimes I feel like crying.”
Lover 2: “Me too.”

.

instagram: theprettypoems
etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/HylaBrookBooks

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Orange Tree By The Ocean // a poem

Review: At the Edge of the Orchard

Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai // Review