Yarn Haul: Alpaca


70% Alpaca, 30% Merino made in the U.S.A. 200 yards of rose grey and white. It's the first organic fiber I've pulled through my fingers, surprised at how lightweight and warm it is. This would be the perfect yarn for the Gwendolyn Cowl by Living Skies. Yet, I long to know what this would feel like around my skinny legs. I failed to measure the first time and my first leg warmer was too short, I wanted it up to my thigh. (You can look at the leg warmers I make at my Etsy Store.) Now I'm beginning to wonder if its too long! These would also be very costly for leg warmers. Each skein cost $16. But they are handmade, each moment measured in simple textures that shield you from the cold. They stay in place with an elastic. Lovely long lines, I'm just obsessed with the ribbed stitches. I have two designs: the faux diamond cable and the "circus doll "look.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Orange Tree By The Ocean // a poem

Review: At the Edge of the Orchard

Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai // Review