Book Review: An Enchantment of Ravens



This cover looks like a Magic the Gathering card. I had no idea that this would be about fairies. Margaret Rogerson has a way with descriptive settings. Also I cannot stop imagining the Autumn Prince as an adult version of Thumbelina's Fairy Prince, Cornelious.


The first chapters I devoured quickly. I relate so much to the main character in that we both are Crafters. The exchange of magic in this book is inventive, and the writer brings to life this fae folk world where seasons remain the same.



Could this be my new start in loving fantasy books with fairies in them? When I was little I read everything about dragons. My autumn bookmarks were so perfect between the pages of this fantasy. I loved everything she wrote about the way fall sounds - like coins, like rain.


I'm on the look out for my own raven pin and a candle that smells like the Autumnlands. Her world is truly enchanting.


"I paint not because I want to, not because im good at it, but because it is what I must do, what I live and breathe, what I was made for."

"We were in the autumnlands.
"Dim as it was, the forest glowed. The golden leaves flashing by blazed like sparks caught in the updraft of a fire. a scarlet carpet unrolled before us, rich and flawless as velvet. rising from the forest floor, the black, tangled roots breathed a bluish mist that reduced the farthest trees' trucks to ghostly silhouettes, yet left their foliage's luminous hues untouched. Vivid moss speckled the branches like tarnished copper."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Orange Tree By The Ocean // a poem

Review: At the Edge of the Orchard

Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai // Review