Doctor Strange // movie review

 I have a secret collection of xmen and Avengers comics. On the top of my Marvel Cineamatic movie list is Logan, Infinity War, Spider Man, and I love a weekend of X Men movies or Gaurdians of the Galaxy. I was not prepared for Doctor Strange. Someone told me to watch it because he messes up his hands just like me.

In 2018, October, my right arm went through a glass window. I had two lacerations that severed my meridian and ulnar nerve. I have CRPS, a rare and terrible nerve disease along with depression I already carried from years of abuse. Cumberbath forgot he was in a comic book movie and it was like watching an Oscar film. One scene in particular tore me apart. 

[as Strange is desperately trying to find a way to cure his hands]
Christine Palmer: You’ve always spent money as fast as you could make it, but now you’re spending money you don’t even have. Maybe it’s time to consider stopping.
Dr. Stephen Strange: No, now is exactly the time not to stop because, you see, ‘m not getting any better!
Christine Palmer: But this isn’t medicine anymore, this is mania. Some things just can’t be fixed.
Dr. Stephen Strange: Life without my work…
Christine Palmer: Is still life. This isn’t the end. There are other things that can give your life meaning.
Dr. Stephen Strange: Like what? Like you?
Christine Palmer: This is the part where you apologize.
Dr. Stephen Strange: This is the part where you leave.
Christine Palmer: Fine, I can’t watch you do this to yourself anymore.
Dr. Stephen Strange: Oh, too difficult for you, is it?
Christine Palmer: Yes, it is. It breaks my heart to see you this way.
Dr. Stephen Strange: No, don’t pity me.
Christine Palmer: I’m not pitying you.
Dr. Stephen Strange: Oh, yeah? Then what are you doing here, bringing cheese and wine like we’re old friends going for a picnic? We are not friends, Christine. We were barely lovers. But you just love a sob story, don’t you? Is that what I am to you now? “Poor Stephen Strange, charity case. He finally needs me.” Another dreg of humanity for you to work on, patch him up and send him back into the world, heart’s just humming. You care so much, don’t you?
Christine Palmer: Goodbye, Stephen.

 

You can see part of the scene in this trailer. This is now officially my new favorite MCU character. 

https://youtu.be/vrECB9Wj9RE

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vrECB9Wj9RE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Orange Tree By The Ocean // a poem

Review: At the Edge of the Orchard

Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai // Review